July 13, 2008

Yoga in Nature

Today my favorite Metro Park, Battelle Darby Creek, had a session of yoga in the classroom area down by the creek. I haven't done yoga before other than attending a few sessions with a friend who wanted me to go with her several years ago. Lately, I've been interested in finding out if it's something I want to do. After today's session, I felt like I had worked out plus like I'd had a massage.

Being out in nature was a real bonus. The park would like for this to be an established program with the winter sessions being held in the lodge. The leader is an instructor at Yoga on High. If this is something you'd be interested in, the next session in Saturday, August 23rd at 10am. I plan to make it there.

5 comments:

Bean Counting Knitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

You find the coolest stuff Betty! You know I'll be there :)

Dave said...

Wow, nice find. I do yoga every day in my office (door closed). It's an incredible activity one can do for life. This sounds particularly cool. Do you have to make reservations?

Dave said...

ps, A good yoga instructor can accommodate any physical situation, tell Ray he should go with you.

Betty said...

Dave (and Cath and Lindsey), You don't have to register for the yoga, you can just show up. It's even free! They said in case of rain, they will have the session at the Lodge if it's available and under a shelter if it's not. I'm not so sure I'll go if it's raining, but I hope to see you guys there!