June 20, 2008

Cyclist struck by car near Xenia

The cyclist is my brother.

The story from the local paper.

He has a long recovery time ahead of him and we are still waiting to find out the extent of the injuries. He is an avid biker and not a careless biker, and he thought he could see that there was no traffic on the road. He made a mistake and will be paying dearly for it.

My parents happened to be driving that road and noticed a car off to the side. They drove on and saw an ambulance headed that way. Dad turned around and went back to there, where they were eventually told that yes, it was their son. They got to see him awake and talking, which helped, I think. They both seem on the verge of collapse, both emotionally and physically.

His wife arrives tomorrow.

It has been a long day.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Betty, best wishes to you and your family. I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery. The article said the car had just turned onto the road. I wonder if that was a contributing factor since he was an experienced cyclist. Not that it matters at this point, since the only important thing is his recovery.

mollylouhoo said...

Oh Betty, Dave and I send our love and prayers to your family.

mollysusie said...

Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Bean Counting Knitter said...

I pray for a speedy recovery for your brother. Have your folks settled down any? I can only imangine how stressful this is for them and you. If there anything Jimmy and I can do please let us know.

Lindsey said...

I hope everything will be okay! You've got prayers from over here too and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

hesira said...

Betty, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I will keep him and your entire family in my thoughts.

Drop me a note if you need to talk.

Anonymous said...

I hope your brother is doing well. I bike as well and the roads can be so dangerous -- it's a shame they aren't better set up to share the roads with smaller slower traffic such as bicyclists.