September 17, 2007

A Wool Gathering

Yesterday I went to Yellow Springs for A Wool Gathering. I walked through and looked at all of the yarn and then went back to the booth that was selling this.

Yarn

It's 50% alpaca and 50% merino from Ohio Valley Natural Fibers. I think I have just gone another step closer to........liking wool. Gasp!! I was really drawn to this stuff and the natural colors of it. I usually go right for the very vivid bright jewel tones, but not this time. Oh, there were tons of gorgeous dyed stuff everywhere, but I have no desire to build up a huge stash of yarn. In fact, if I have much more than I do now, I will get uncomfortable with it. Anyway, I'm swatching the yarn to see what type of sweater it wants to be.

Here are a few cuties :)
Alpacas

Here is a red barn. This is actually the restaurant on the site.
Red barn

1 comment:

Bean Counting Knitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.